Calvary Episcopal Church is an inclusive Episcopal community, grounded in our rich faith tradition and committed to serving all. We are part of the Episcopal Church in Minnesota and the national Episcopal Church. Located in downtown Rochester, Minnesota, and surrounded by the Mayo Clinic campus, we seek to be a spiritual oasis where all are healed, transformed, and empowered to serve God.
Calvary is the oldest church building in Rochester, and among the oldest Episcopal parishes in Minnesota. The original brick “chapel,” built in 1862, remains the heart of the current church. In 1966, the Olmsted County Historical Society designated Calvary a Historic Site
Calvary has been blessed with craftsmen, artists, and architects who, along with the generosity of parishioners, have contributed to enhancing the beauty and peace of the little brick church dedicated to the Glory of God. The stone baptismal font dates from 1871. The walnut altar base was built in 1880. Other woodwork in the church is from the mid-20th century.
Every May, Calvary parishioners gather between Sunday services to plant flowers in the church's southeast courtyard. Calvary'Âs spiritual oasis is the site of summer lunchtime concerts and a peaceful green space, open to all, in the heart of the Mayo Clinic campus.